Sunday 16 October 2011

Hello and Welcome to Isperg UK.

Hello everyone.

My name is Christopher Smith.

This is ISPERG UK.

This is my first blog.

A week ago, I started the United Kingdom Autistic Community on Facebook, because I want to create an community of the UK's autistic people. I then began to realise that I didn't know any autistic people in the UK on Facebook. I now know two people. I then had a chat with my wife Claudia. She suggested I write a blog. Sounded good. I know this may be a little bit stop-start, but I think this may get to more of the people I want it to reach.

Why I started this is simply because i don't think that the UK's autistics have a National community. I find trawling through the internet to find out about how services are in different parts of the country tiresome. Added it which I feel that the UK's autistics are being let down by officaldom, nationally and locally, may it be in government services, health services, education services, children and adult services, employment services.

I myself have only just started on a disabled employment programme.

Sometimes, national and local autistic charities and groups are the problem, to the point where families of autistics simply have to go it alone.

So I'll be blogging from now onwards with thoughts, words and my general look at autistic life in general.

This week, I started my disability employment sessions, initally tackling all the potental problems an autistic finds in the workplace.

I go to church, Thursday lunchtimes and Sunday mornings. This is useful as I help out setting up for the service and clearing away afterwards.

Tomorrow, Claudia and I are going to a concert at the Royal Festival Hall in the SouthBank Centre on the south side of London's river Thames.

Tuesday, we'll be going to an exhibition at Tate Modern.

Hopefully, I'll blog on weekly basis, and tell you my week from the autistic prospective.

Of course, I would like your comments and feedback, so that I know what I need to think about, look at and wonder about.

See you next week

Chris.

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to reading your future blogs! What concert did u go to?

    ReplyDelete